Getting "Could not authorize request with the available token. Please re-authenticate. "

I'm sing sourcetree 2.7 on mac 10.13.2 and every time I try to connect my account to the sourcetree app it gives me this "Could not authorize request with the available token. Please re-authenticate." 

Not sure what to do, I know for sure I am typing my password and email correctly. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Can you please remove any keychain items Sourcetree has written to your keychain, remove accounts in Sourcetree, restart and add the accounts in Sourcetree? Also, make sure that Sourcetree has written the necessary keychain items when you add the accounts back.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response, it still isn't working. For some reason it won't let me clone a repository from my account. I did update my sourcetree thinking there was a bug patch and even that wouldn't work

This error is displayed specifically when the refresh token is not available in case of OAuth or there is a wrong password stored for basic auth. Please remove the account in Sourcetree and add it back again. That should get you working. 

You can also remove the application support folder to see if it helps. This can be found here - ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree

That worked thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot