Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'hg cat' failed with code 1:'.hgtags: no such file in rev ...

ralvy October 9, 2018

I'm getting the above noted error when attempting to sync from a remote repository of mine. Using Sourcetree Mac 2.7.6. Not sure what to do about that.

Can I just delete that local repository and then choose to Clone it on the Remote tab of Sourcetree?

2 answers

0 votes
ralvy October 9, 2018

I  just checked the remote repository and see the .hgtags file there, so I assume that means the most recent Push was done with the default branch checked out, which, as I said above, is the only branch that has an .hgtags file when checked out (the develop branch doesn't).

ralvy October 9, 2018

Those two replies by me were uploaded as Answers by mistake.

ralvy October 9, 2018

Ok. Now I can successfully Pull on the problem computer noted initially. What I did was create another changeset on the Pushing computer and Pushed it. Now it all works okay on the Pulling computer. I'd still love to know why this happened at all, though.

But I do notice that in all three repositories (remote repo and the 2 local repos) I have an .htags file in their default branch and not in their develop branch. Is this a problem? If so, how do I correct it?

0 votes
ralvy October 9, 2018

I notice in the computer that did the upload to the remote repository, there's an .hgtags file there when the default branch is checked out, but not when the develop branch is checked out. Is that a problem? I usually do a Push from that computer with the develop branch checked out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events