Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files view disappeared when viewing commits, but not uncommitted

Jeff_Evans September 25, 2013

I'm using SourceTree 1.7.2 (just upgraded from 1.5), with a git repository. This week, I've stopped seeing the Files section when clicking on any commits, under the Log view. By "Files section," I mean the part that appears, by default, just between the diffs and the left sidebar, which shows the files that are part of the commit (or part of the uncommitted changes). This view appears fine when I click on Uncommitted changes (i.e. show Files staged in the index, Files in the working tree). But when I click on any commit, that section just completely disappears and I'm left just looking at the diff section for a single file (presumably the first file in the list for that commit). I looked through all the menus and preferences and didn't see any way to re-activate this. Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

Hi Jeff,

We fixed this issue although it will stick around from prior versions. It's actually a splitter which has been totally collapsed. You need to hover your cursor over the left or right hand edge of the diff view and drag it to reveal the hidden section. Hopefully I'm making some sense!

If it's still a problem let us know.

Cheers

Jeff_Evans September 25, 2013

Thanks for the speedy response; that was it!

Aqeel ahmad October 23, 2013

I am unable to fix by this solution. I have tried updating to latest version but still no luck. Can you tell me if there is a way to reset the preferneces and not reseting/deleting my bookmarks?

benomatis September 7, 2015

I also had this issue, and, although very difficult, but found a way to pull the splitter, though interestingly I'm using version 2.0. Or what did you mean by "it will stick around from prior versions"?

0 votes
Aqeel ahmad October 23, 2013

I am unable to fix by thi solution. I have tried updating to latest version but still no luck. Can you tell me if there is a way to reset the preferneces and not reseting/deleting my bookmarks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events