File search in SourceTree

How can I do a file search in SourceTree?  For example, I am looking for all file commits with the .yml extension only.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

While I'd love to see a feature added to SourceTree that would allow you to see the history of a file that does not currently exist. A workaround though would be to add to every commit the files that were updated. That way you could search commit messages for .yml and get all commits where a .yml file was updated.

This widget could not be displayed.

You can't search commits by filename in SourceTree. It might be possible on the Git command line, but I don't know for sure.

You can search your working copy by filename. In the File Status tab, choose to show "All" instead of "Pending", then type your search in the search box to the right (e.g., "yml").

You can also view all of the commits for a particular file by right-clicking the file, and choosing "Log Selected..."

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

733 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you