File Status view is stuck on a conflicted merge

Dan Goes May 23, 2018

I performed a merge on a branch that's now fully deleted both on my local machine and remotely, but it seems to have stuck my File Status view in a state where I can't see any of my files anymore. Instead, it's just showing a text box with the text of a conflicted merge:

2018-05-23_11-46-29.png

It stays this way after I restart SourceTree, and there's no button to clear/commit/reset/resolve conflicts/etc. The fact that it's persistent through a restart of Sourcetree makes me think that this is intended behavior, but it's not clear to me how to get out of it. Is there some way to get away from this view and back to the regular File Status view with multiple panes and views of files that have changed/are staged/etc.?

1 answer

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Goes May 24, 2018

OK, I figured it out. That was the commit message box, apparently, and its contents (persistent between restarts) caused it to grow to be the size of the entire pane that it was living in, pushing everything else out. I think that's a bug.

To fix, I just selected everything in that text box and deleted it.

jaza_tom March 7, 2019

THANK YOU.

This is one of the first times a suggested similar post that I clicked on actually solved my answer.

GO COMMUNITY!

Like # people like this
Dan Goes March 7, 2019

This ^^ will keep me going on submitting issues and solutions publicly on all kinds of things for the next year or so :)

Like Yonatan Lehman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events