Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] SourceTree option to automatically stash before pull & unstash after successful merge

mattijsf October 22, 2013

I've used SmartGit HG for a while but now I switched to SourceTree. One feature that I'm used to and really missing in SourceTree is the auto stash feature. Current pull workflow:

1. Currently on master
  2. Made some code changed but I'm not yet ready to commit
  3. My collegue pushed some changes I want to make use of before committing my code changes
  4. I perform a pull in SourceTree. But now SourceTree wants me to commit or stash my changes.
  5. Since my commit is not yet ready I'm stashing my changes.
  6. I again click pull in SourceTree to fetch the changes
  7. I apply my stash

When I'm having the same scenario in SmartGit HG it will ask me to stash my changes (if any) before pulling and it will automatically apply the stash when the changes are successfully pulled. This works much faster and I think it's quite elegant. It even has the option to always apply this approach on every pull.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2013

Hi Mattijs,

There is an open feature request for this in the SourceTree JIRA - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1732

You can vote on that issue to let the SourceTree team know that it's an issue you're interested in.

manabu November 16, 2019

Now this is pretty available directly in IntellJ and XCODE, I think we will all begin to expect it. The main reason I want this the most is that there are some derived changes like build number increments which I do not care to merge or push.

0 votes
pradipvaghasiya August 23, 2016

You can add script as Custom Action to do the same.

Script can contain

git stash && git pull --rebase && git stash pop

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events