• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Fatal: could not read Password for 'https://username@bitbucket.org': Device not configured

I've recently started getting these errors when I try to implement a feature through git flow. Pushing & pulling to branches in Sourcetree work correctly so I'm certain it's not an issue with my account setup.

I've tried changing my account connection from basic to oAuth and I still get the same error when I try to complete a feature through git flow.

I'm running Sourcetree 3.0.1 on High Sierra 10.13.6. Has anyone else experience this and managed to solve it? 

5 answers

the same problem  sourcetree-3.1.1 macos10.14.3 ???

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Nov 19, 2018

Hi Nick,

Did you get a chance to check out this thread? It might be helpful. If not, please follow up and we'll continue trying to sort out what might be going on. Thanks for your patience.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Hi Brian,

I did have a look but unfortunately nothing seems to solve my issue. I might try to switch to an older version to see if that makes a difference. I'm sure it was working before so it's only recently started to error.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Brian,

Is there any update regarding this? I'm still having the same issue with every single repository. I'm using the command line to finish any flow features so there's no reason why it shouldn't work. 

Hello, I have the same problem for a while now and have to asked my coworker to close the features. Sometimes it starts to work again and then not. I tried to follow the thread you mentioned but it didn't solve this issue... 

Any help ?

Thanks,

Sylvie.

I have the exact same issue and have tried several different suggestions found in other threads without any success. It feels as if one shouldn't have to resolve to reverting back to an older version, but rather have this, apparently very common issue, fixed in a new update. Any help or progress?

Thanks,

Annie

FIX IT (09/2020)

All the the answers here are wrong... You shouldn't NEVER do something like that:

https://username:PASSWORD@Bitbucket.org

SOLUTION
All you have to do is:

- Go to Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Git
- You will have the section "Git Version" with 2 options: Reset to ebedded Git and Use System Git

Sourcetree use the Ebedded git for default.
Click on "Use System Git" and.... Fixed!

---------------

Follow me on:
GIthub
Twitter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

3,202 views 19 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you