Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal: could not read Password for 'https://username@bitbucket.org': Device not configured

nickfenton18 November 15, 2018

I've recently started getting these errors when I try to implement a feature through git flow. Pushing & pulling to branches in Sourcetree work correctly so I'm certain it's not an issue with my account setup.

I've tried changing my account connection from basic to oAuth and I still get the same error when I try to complete a feature through git flow.

I'm running Sourcetree 3.0.1 on High Sierra 10.13.6. Has anyone else experience this and managed to solve it? 

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PeterDev September 18, 2020

FIX IT (09/2020)

You should NEVER do something like:
https://username:PASSWORD@Bitbucket.org

MY SOLUTION
All you have to do is:

• Go to Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Git
  • You will have the section "Git Version" with 2 options: Reset to embedded Git and Use System Git
  • Sourcetree will use the Embedded git by default.
  • Click on "Use System Git" and.... Fixed!
Romi Fauzan Fauzi July 4, 2021

I logged in just want to say thank you very much for this @PeterDev , it fixed my issue!

Like PeterDev likes this
NITITHORN RUTMANJING September 9, 2021

thanks

Like PeterDev likes this
0 votes
Annie Walter February 5, 2019

I have the exact same issue and have tried several different suggestions found in other threads without any success. It feels as if one shouldn't have to resolve to reverting back to an older version, but rather have this, apparently very common issue, fixed in a new update. Any help or progress?

Thanks,

Annie

0 votes
SylviePh December 5, 2018

Hello, I have the same problem for a while now and have to asked my coworker to close the features. Sometimes it starts to work again and then not. I tried to follow the thread you mentioned but it didn't solve this issue... 

Any help ?

Thanks,

Sylvie.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi Nick,

Did you get a chance to check out this thread? It might be helpful. If not, please follow up and we'll continue trying to sort out what might be going on. Thanks for your patience.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

nickfenton18 November 29, 2018

Hi Brian,

I did have a look but unfortunately nothing seems to solve my issue. I might try to switch to an older version to see if that makes a difference. I'm sure it was working before so it's only recently started to error.

Thanks,

Nick

nickfenton18 February 7, 2019

Hey Brian,

Is there any update regarding this? I'm still having the same issue with every single repository. I'm using the command line to finish any flow features so there's no reason why it shouldn't work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events