Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External merge tool does not start when trying to resolve conflicts

Rudy Vigneault July 7, 2017

I have a file for which I had stashed changes. I pulled changes from the repository and when applying the stashed changes there were conflicts.

Only the content of the file changed (the name is the same and the file was not removed nor moved).

When I right click on the file and select "Resolve Conflicts">"Launch External Merge Tool" the "Visual Merge In Progress" window appears but the application does not start.

If I click on "Abort", I see that the *_BACKUP_*, *_BASE_*, *_LOCAL_* and *_REMOTE_* files were created.

Launching the tool works for diff but not for merge. This is quite new since it used to work.

I am using SourceTree v2.1.2.5 and I my external Merge Tool is configured to be Araxis Merge.

3 answers

0 votes
Terris Linenbach April 17, 2018

I switched to BeyondCompare.

0 votes
Terris Linenbach April 17, 2018

What is your operating system? This used to work with the latest SourceTree and Araxis Merge on OSX. It broke for me in the past two weeks - maybe it's a High Sierra issue. I am using Araxis Merge 2018 Pro (2018.4971) for El Capitan or later and SourceTree 2.7.2 (167).

Terris Linenbach April 18, 2018

I filed a bug for sourcetree https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-5607

0 votes
Rudy Vigneault July 7, 2017

One thing that I noticed: I cannot diff the file using the external tool while it is flagged as conflicting (i.e. the icon is /!\ ) as the tool won't start but I can diff using the external tool it when I pass it to resolved (i.e. a normal "modified" file - [...] icon).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events