It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

External diff tools not launching - gitconfig not edited Edited

Hello,

I have SourceTree version 3.3.8 for Windows.

I read about using BeyondCompare as a diff and a merge tool, and how to set them up. I am afraid it doesn't work and solutions offered in the past here and in StackOverflow do not work.

Here is how my Tools->Options->General tab is set up:SourceTree_XylccIUv08.png

Here is how the ools->Options->Diff tab is set up:

SourceTree_kd2bJgYe8S.png

However, my gitconfig file remains:

[merge]
tool = KDiff3
[diff]
guitool = KDiff3

Is this a bug, is there anything else I forgot to configure?

1 answer

Hello,

I have the exact same problem on one computer - having another one working perfectly.
I tried many, many things - I was not able to fix it and it is driving me crazy - slowly convinced to go away from SourceTree... :-(

On one computer the diff is working perfectly, on the other it does not open the diff.
I noticed that on the non working computer, the global gitconfig is not written when pressing OK in the Options dialog (it is written properly on the working computer).

Looking more closely to the non working computer (see below), I can see that there is a problem accessing that file. Any idea on what could be wrong ? I have access rights to that folder.

Any hints will be appreciated.

GitConfig.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,989 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you