Error pushing to GIT

Alyssa Cameron May 29, 2018

We are receiving the following message when trying to push commits to our GIT repository from SourceTree. I have one coworker that has had this working fine, and all of the sudden it doesn't. And for myself, I push to multiple GIT repositories. I got a new computer and one of the repositories works fine, and the other now throws this error. Any suggestions? 

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master
POST git-receive-pack (863 bytes)
remote:
remote: =====================================================================
remote: You cannot push the following commits as they are authored by users not known to Stash by author name:
remote:
remote: b62d081ae12: acameron <acameron@uplandsoftware.com>
remote:
remote: Check your gitconfig has the correct author name, or contact an administrator.
remote: =====================================================================
remote:
remote:

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

It looks like you have a hook on the repository that is verifying the committer. Bitbucket Server 5.0 added a new committer verification hook, see https://www.atlassian.com/blog/software-teams/enterprise-devops-bitbucket-server-5-bamboo-6.

0 votes
Alyssa Cameron May 30, 2018

@Mikael Sandberg - That was it!  Thank you!

0 votes
Alyssa Cameron May 30, 2018

@Mikael Sandberg - that was it. Thank you!

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018

Can you please specify the version of Sourcetree and OS on which you are seeing this error?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events