Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error cloning repo from list: 404 not found

duncan September 19, 2019

I installed Sourcetree and logged in to my organizations account using my credentials. I can see the list of repo's on the remote tab. For the repo I am interested in I select it and click Clone. I then get a pop-up that informs me that "This is not a valid source path/URL". I click on Details and see:

Output:
Error: abort: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

How can I successfully clone the repo?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Hello Duncan and welcome to the Community!

Looks like you have Sourcetree almost set up fully. The error you’re getting can be due to Sourcetree not having Git enabled. We would suggest reviewing your Sourcetree install and ensure Git is enabled. Further information on enabling Git within Sourcetree may be found at Using Embedded Git or System Git in SourceTree.

If you’re still having issues getting your repo cloned after enabling git, please let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

duncan October 14, 2019

Thanks! That solved the problem. In case anybody looks at this post while trying to solve the same problem, in the menu bar go to Tools->Options, select the Git tab and click Enable Git Support.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events