It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Entire folder of local branches missing from left hand pane in Sourcetree

I just noticed today that my UI in Sourcetree seems to be broken, but I can't seem to narrow down why.

I usually name my branches `andy/branch-name...`  and sourcetree is very good at nicely organizing them into sub-folders.  Today though, I noticed that my folder no longer had an expanding arrow,  even though all the local branches still exist and work fine when I use the git command line.  They are even accessible through the commit log in Sourcetree.

Sorry for the highly obfuscated screen capture, but what you are seeing is the left pane of source tree.  The long list of branches on the right is from the branch selector at the top of the graph display showing all local branches.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 10.56.48 AM.png

I have tried the instructions to wipe my sourcetree config to the defaults (by removing all the files within the `Application Support/Sourcetree` folder.  I have also tried removing and re-installing Sourcetree without any luck.

Guess I am back to using the command line!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Apparently I was able to jig it back into place by creating a new branch within the folder based off an existing branch in the folder.

This seems to have made the sidebar folder expandable again and have it have the right content in it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you