Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded version of Git for source tree will not update to same version as colleague

Toby Johnson December 9, 2020

Hi I'm working with somebody in Spain and I'm based in the UK. I've been trying to setup source tree as a local client and gitlab as the cloud repo. I've been able to push him a small repo and he's been able to upload an image file to the repo. But when he go's to upload a large amount of files he keeps getting an error message. 

I've been advised to edit the config file to a larger packet size locally but when he installs the embedded version of git into source tree he is on a different version 2.0 (Git is also installed via the git website as a 64 bit version). the embedded version or 64bit version does not give him a config file locally in the etc folder. Where as I'm on a 2.26.2 embedded version with a config file that allows me to edit it on my end and have the 64bit version installed.

Is there a way of getting him onto the same version enabling him to access the config file? 

If anybody could be of any help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events