Download link for SourceTree for Windows that isn't an EXE file

Hey guys,

For us behind corporate firewalls, is it possible to provide a download link for SourceTree that isn't an EXE file? Perhaps a ZIPped version of the installation package?

Thanks,

Christos

2 answers

Online services like http://archive.online-convert.com/convert-to-zipseem to work for this.

Or convince your IT department to allow EXE download :)
If they allow ZIP but not EXE, it kind of defeats the purpose...

It would be worthwhile to see if your IT department has a whitelist that SourceTree could be added to.

Traditionally speaking, changing IT black lists is not a straight-forward exersise.

But in this case, the issue they're having is that the download fails to complete. It's not an issue of a blocked site for them, just for myself. Do you have an alternate download URL for the EXE file, or a ZIPped version of it so that I might try and download it?

Thanks.

Christos

Like I posted earlier, paste the original download URL in a service like http://archive.online-convert.com/convert-to-zip, and you can download it as a ZIP.

Thanks for the link Rene. This seems to have "solved" my issue.

I know it defeats the purpose, but what can you do...

Thanks for the help

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

716 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you