It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does SourceTree supports long path names under Windows ( > 256 chars )

When I check out the source code of Confluence on Windows, I have 3 files missings. It seems to happen because those files are located in a very far subdirectory.

Is there a way for SourceTree to support long file names under Windows ? I know there are some workarrounds when using Git under Cygwin (it is using the UNC annotation \\?\)

3 answers

We mostly support the Msys port of Git right now since that's the one you get from git-scm.com, but looking at it it seems that both might have the ability to use the \\?\ workaround. Have you tried using that as a destination when cloning?

Even if that works you'd probably still have issues if you tried to manipulate those particular files. This is a bit of an edge case but we might be able to add support for that later, please raise a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN

I dont know about sourcetree but windows here might be creating problem for you. Since it does not allow files larger than 255 charcters. To solve this error you can try GS Richcopy 360. Stop wasting your time on different solutions. Go for it!

I suggest you try long path tool its good to deletes, copies and renames files or folders.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,907 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you