Discarding a change does revert to the original version

Sean Fitzgerald March 24, 2016

Working on my local machine, i'm trying to discard a change that I made to a file.  I right-click the file in source tree, and select the Discard option.  Sometimes this works, but for one of my project repos it does not.  I have deleted the repo from machine and cloned the remote repo a couple of times.

Also, i'm able to revert the change using TortoiseGit, but the next time I open up SourceTree, my change is back.

2 answers

0 votes
Sean Fitzgerald March 24, 2016

@seth foss, that's what i was thinking as well.  The file is a dtsx file (SQL Server Integration Services) that i'm editing.  I close out of VS, and ensure that nothing else is accessing the file.  What's strange is that the Revert option in TortoiseGit works as expected.  Then i go back into SourceTree, and the same file that was previously reverted is showing a change.  This makes me think that SourceTree is somehow retaining (and not releasing) a change set somehow.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Is it possible some other software is overwriting the file with a modified version? What happens if you manually remove the changes?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events