Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable SourceTree from automatically adding files on commit

Michael Mannion March 25, 2014

Our team has a Mercurial repository, and is in the process of switching from using Tortoise to SourceTree as the GUI client. I'm finding that when I commit in SourceTree (v1.4.1.0 for Windows), it automatically adds all untracked files to the repository, whereas in Tortoise the files remained untracked until/unless I explicitly added them to the repository.

I'd prefer that SourceTree not add new files to the repository automatically, but I cannot figure out how to disable the default auto-add behavior. Therefore, my question is:

Q: Is it possible to configure SourceTree to refrain from adding new files to the repository on commit, by default?

Thank you, in advance.

4 answers

0 votes
Martin Baku April 27, 2015

Did you ever find a setting for this? Using git as well and this auto-adding of files is extremely annoying...

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

Ah, I had no idea that was a difference. I only use Git, so I can't really help here.

0 votes
Michael Mannion March 25, 2014

From a bit of web searching, it appears that "staging" is a Git feature without a (built-in) equivalent in Mercurial. That said, I'm pretty new to all of this and could easily be wrong. Is there a staged/selected option in SourceTree when using Mercurial?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

What commit mode are you using? "staged" or "selected"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events