Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop now feature branch?

jlfraser October 1, 2019

I'm using SourceTree with GIT flow enabled. Initialisation of the repo for git flow was done using just the defaults

• I had a feature branch which was "merged" back into Develop.
  • After the commit, finished the feature using normal GIT flow finish feature and delete feature branch, merge into develop
  • this was then pushed back to the remote bitbucket repository
  • looking at the remote repo the the commit does not show as a merge
  • on the local repo when I try to start at new feature branch it thinks Develop is a feature branch. And give the finish feature option

I have tried removing (renamed the folder to keep files) the local repo, and pulling down a fresh copy. however it still is the same, so I assume I've affected the remote repo with whatever strange state.

Kinda confused about how I got in to this state, and have no idea how to fix the problem.

I'm still newish to sourcetree.

TIA

John.

srctree1.PNG

srctree2.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
jlfraser November 4, 2019

I have no idea how, but when I finally set up the new (current) machine, and moved everything over to it, it now works (on here). The previous temp machine still has a broken SourceTree setup.

I have zero idea how and why but its working on the main working machine. I'm thinking for the temp machine I'll try and remove SourceTree completely and reinstall. Just to see if i can get it in sync with the rest. That'll be next week or 2 when I get access to that computer. I'll report back.

0 votes
J B November 4, 2019

I am having the same problem.

0 votes
M October 3, 2019

Same issue here. Seems like a bug to me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events