cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and Author column missing in Sourcetree v2.7

pgami
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

In Sourcetree version 2.7 on Mac High Sierra,

I can no longer see Date and Author columns in Commit history window.

I searched around but could not see any setting to turn it on again. 

Can someone help?

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

The table columns might have been resized and the columns you are looking for at the far end on the right side. Just scroll as far as you can and see if you can see the columns and resize them as required. 

pgami
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Ok. Now I am feeling stupid.

But thanks. It was far out. Can see them now.

Thanks for the help.

Like Walesa likes this
Dasa February 13, 2018

I have to keep making the description column smaller since it keeps getting wider.

Like Deleted user likes this
Stef Joosten August 29, 2018

I had the same problem as Prashant, also on Macbook Pro High Sierra. I have lived with this error for over three months, assuming (falsely) that it was some new feature of Sourcetree. Until I found this issue. Thanks Prashant for bringing it up and thanks Dasa for solving it. Even if this were stupidity, Prashant, you're not alone :-)

@Ana Retamal, here is your screenshot. Notice that the screen offers no clue that points in the direction of Dasa's solution.

sourcetree screenshot.png

Like Deleted user likes this
Michael Møller Rasmussen October 4, 2018

Hardly a new issue. I can see it has been a problem at least for 3 years.
The thread is from version 2.0.5.2 for Mac, and we currently have 2.7.6

Doubt it is something that will come a fix for :(

Bashu Naimi-Roy October 30, 2018

Hello to the Atlassian Team @Ana Retamal - This is an issue I'd recommend fixing for the simple reason that it obscures a fully functional and useful feature of Sourcetree (the Author/Date/Commit columns). 

The only cause in my case, as with the others in this thread, is that the Description column seems to be set to a width several thousand pixels too wide, pushing the other columns off of the screen.

I'm convinced a lot of Sourcetree users would appreciate the feature, but it can only be found by stumbling upon this particular Atlassian Community thread and as such it will appear to be nonexistent to many users.

Best of luck,

Bashu

Like # people like this
1 vote
Erik van der Neut October 16, 2019

This is all just so silly, isn't it. Atlassian, I absolutely love your software, but this should really be fixed. Is it really that hard?

By default, have all the columns appear in the view, with all columns auto-sized to show the full information, and add some rules on which column widths to reduce when it doesn't all fit horizontally. For example: reduce the comment column width so that all columns fit on the screen. If the number of branches are really high, then perhaps set a max default width for the Graph column as well.

To sort of fix this issue, I have dragged my Date column to the left now, so my column order now is: Date, Graph, Description, Commit, Author. This way I have the dates for all commits nicely visible at all times. 

The good thing is that whatever changes you make to your view, SourceTree does save those changes, so next time you open the app again, you have your same view back.

Thanks,

Erik

Rob Hughes March 16, 2020

Agree. Atlassian, please fix.

Mobile Dev Dreamer November 1, 2021

This issue happened in ver 4.1.3 mac version, too.  This should be fixed. and this is not a difficult fix.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

Hi Prashant, I have Sourcetree 2.7 on Mac High Sierra and I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Can you send us a screenshot?

Can you also try restarting the application and see if the columns appear again?

Best regards,

Ana

pgami
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Thanks For the help Ana.

It was far out and I couldn't scroll with mouse so could not see. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2018

Haha, well that can happen to the best of us :) Glad you sorted it out.

Have a nice day!

Ana

steve March 19, 2019

I had the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events