Cylance Protect

DanielDurys September 6, 2021

cylance is terminating sh.exe , can you solve the issue? SourceTree is updated to 3.4.6

[Edit] Conclusion: To be closed, summary: Atlassian is not going to do anything or we  don't know have they reported to cylance yet. We need to report to cylance ourself or contact our cylance admin to whitelist the SourceTree.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021
DanielDurys September 8, 2021

I have seen the article. It doesn't solve my issue because I don't have panel admin for cylance. My questions is more like - can atlassian talk to cylance to not marking source tree software as false positive by default. As regular user I don't have possibility to whitelist the program in cylance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Ok, so it's not Atlassian's fault or problem that Cylance has got something wrong, and I doubt they've got the time or will to go and identify every mistake like this being made by everyone else's software.

What's most likely to work is end-users of Cylance reporting the error to Cylance directly.

I'm afraid you'll need to talk to your Cylance admins to get it whitelisted and working for now, until Cylcance fix the problem and you get an update from them.

DanielDurys September 8, 2021

I could assume that nobody told Cylance about SourceTree since 1 year ago, because issue still exists :) I will try to contact Cylance instead of atlassian's forum here. Based on your reply I assume Atlassian is guilty of the issue here. I assume Atlassian  may not be aware of security issues with its application. Thank you for the reply. I think Atlassian should want to make his users happy and contact Cylance itself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

That's a little unfair, there's nothing Atlassian are doing wrong here.  There is no security issue with Sourcetree here, the issue is that Cylance is getting the detection wrong.

The only thing Atlassian are guilty of here is not reporting the problem to Cylance, so Cylance have not fixed their software or data that's leading it to a false positive.  And I do not know if they have reported it or not.

The issue is with Cylance, who probably have no guilt either, if no-one has reported the problem to them, they may not know they have one.

Like DanielDurys likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events