Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom action disappeared from right-click menu

maryleitner January 2, 2020

In Sourcetree, I had set up custom actions, one of which was "Add".  The "Add" command has disappeared from the right-click menu, though the command still appears under Tools>Actions>Custom Actions

I tried removing and re-adding the "Add" command, restarting Sourcetree, and rebooting, and these did not bring back the missing right-click commandSourcetree_custom_actions.pngSourcetree_rmb_custom_actions.png

3 answers

0 votes
maryleitner January 27, 2020

Hello, additional information:  I cannot switch to some branches in SourceTree, it gives a failure message.  This happened close to the same time that the right-click commands disappeared, but I didn't associate them at the time.    My workaround is to learn to use the command window

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hello! This is probably a bug -- I'll take a look at it on Monday and report back.

0 votes
andy3870 January 9, 2020

I see this too after updating to 3.3.6 from 3.2.6 on Windows. Whatever the 'fixes' were in 3.3.4 regarding custom actions (https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/ReleaseNotes_3.3.4.html) broke my custom action:

Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\recycle\recycle.exe

Parameters: $FILE

In 3.2.6 I used to be able to right click on an untracked file and use this custom action to send it to the Windows recycle bin instead of deleting it altogether. Now the custom action is missing in the context menu.

maryleitner January 9, 2020

Hi Andy, I updated to 3.3.4 and, like you, this is when my custom actions  disappeared from the context menu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events