Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating git repo and clone on an existing grunt folder

Sheyi Owo August 21, 2018

Git newbie here. I have a folder with all my project files that I use Grunt on. I have another developer I'm working with now and would like to create a git repo on a network drive that we can both push to. I have a repo set up on the network drive but not sure how to create a clone.

1. Do I create a clone in my grunt project folder or make the grunt project folder itself a clone of the shared network drive repo?
  2. Where would my project files reside after doing a clone?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Hi Sheyi,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Since you have an existing project that you want to add to Git, just cd into it and run the git init command. That will initiate the setup and create a .git folder. The next step would be to point it to your network drive by changing the URL for the remote repository. Take a look at this blog post, Using Git at Work on a Windows Network Drive, for more information on how to setup a repository on a network drive.

I would also recommend taking a look at https://www.atlassian.com/git, it has a lot of useful tutorials. 

Sheyi Owo August 21, 2018

Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events