Create Repository Failed

joshbillions July 11, 2012

When creating a new BitBucket repository from SourceTree I recieve the following error:

An error occurred while trying to create the repository. The error reported by the server was:

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

You are seeing this message because this HTTPS site requires a 'Referer header' to be sent by your Web browser, but none was sent. This header is required for security reasons, to ensure that your browser is not being hijacked by third parties.

If you have configured your browser to disable 'Referer' headers, please re-enable them, at least for this site, or for HTTPS connections, or for 'same-origin' requests.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.

4 answers

0 votes
Kevin Spears July 13, 2012

Launch your console (easist to just spotlight it or Applcations->Utlities->Console) and do a search for sourcetree

0 votes
jongreig July 13, 2012

Having the same problem here, same error message.

For me, I get the error when I go to add a remote repository, click the "hosted projects" button, click "Create New Repository", then attempt to actually create the repository after going through the dialog and filling in the fields.

How does one reproduce the debug info? If I could, I would include it here as well. Screenshot included to show what results:

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

I'll see if the Bitbucket team has any input on what might cause this CSRF failure.

0 votes
Kevin Spears July 13, 2012

I've been having the same trouble for a few weeks now, here's the console output when I try to create a repo:

7/14/12 7:46:06.606 AM SourceTree: Error: Error Domain=YAJL Code=3 "lexical error: invalid char in json text.
" UserInfo=0x400e193c0 {NSLocalizedDescription=lexical error: invalid char in json text.
}

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

That actually looks like a different error. SourceTree 1.5 is out later today, please can you try that when it's available to see if the behaviour is any different? We added support for creating repos under BB Organisations too and expanded the diagnostics a bit, I still haven't been able to reproduce this yet.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

Hmm, I've just tried this here and it worked fine (I just created a public git repo on my BB account anyway).

Can you try it again? Maybe it was a temporary problem on BB. If it still doesn't work, please provide the full details you were using so I can try to reproduce it and report to the BB team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events