Crash on commit

Hi, it seems that every time I commit atm SourceTree crashes, I did a search here and the only solution I could find was to delete a draft commit message but I don't have one ( see attached  )

It appears that my commits are working as can see my changes in Bitbucket but very annoying that it crashes

Cheers 

18 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I have the same issue, have you fixed the problem now?

Same thing for me. Crashes on every commit, the commits do work, though.

Same here. Is there a fix yet? 

Same here.

Same here crashes after commiting, commit is done but i need to restart source tree to push

Same here. Please fix the bug!

Ditto.  This just started happening in the last couple of weeks.  It seems to commit, but crashes every single time, and it's really getting annoying.  Please fix this!

I found a "workaround":
crash does not happen If I do the commit from the "File Status" view.

Same here. Happened since the last Sourcetree update. All my fellow developers using different source control clients are laughing at me.

We have the same issue. I do a commit/push, it crashes, I restart SourceTree and can then complete the push without crashing. Started happening about 2 months or so ago.

same thing here, but it indeed works fine if commiting from the "File Status" view!

Same problem here

Me too! I'm using Alt + Shift + C to commit.

Same here. Workaround as mentioned by Vincent Barral works perfectly, but it's quite annoying. 

Same here! Plus mine crashes even when I commit from the "File Status" view. No actual fix yet?

There seems to be a bug report for this issue, please upvote so it will be fixed sooner!

If you have multiple repositories opened, moving all to the "File Status" view prior to committing seems to prevent the crash.

This is not fixed in 1.9.10.0.  Sourcetree just crashed on consecutive commits.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

708 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you