Continually getting Authentication Failed in Sourcetree for the Mac Edited

I have the latest version, and in preferences when I hit the connect button I'm prompted for login and that all works fine. But when I commit I get the error below. It worked yesterday but now it's stopped working. I also had a lot of problems with the keychain and sourcetree as well. The mac version sure seems buggy to me when it comes to credentials. I'm not using a 3rd party, I'm just logging in direct:

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

fatal: Authentication failed for 

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know what might be going on? Is this the only way to get support for Sourcetree? Seems like it.

1 answer

We've had some report of this and got a fix in the latest beta. Would you mind trying that and share your feedback?

You can download the latest beta build here - https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/sourcetree-betas/downloads/OSX_Beta_Latest.zip

Thanks!

Thanks. I've gotten it to work by switching to https. I'm on a critical timeline right now and can't afford any more issues, so I'd prefer not to install a beta. If this problem appears again I'll give the beta a try.

Thank you,

Stan

On a related note, the issues were from using ssh, I recommend you check the ssh agent to see if the keys are loaded and add them if they are not.

List keys

ssh-add -l

Add key

ssh-add <path_to_key>

e.g.,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

571 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you