It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Conditional Limiting of Remote Repo Updates

In our company we have a lot of git repositories hosted on AWS CodeCommit, and we have recently been noticing rate-limit excess on AWS. Upon closer inspection it seems like a huge number of calls are originating from my Sourcetree installation. I have adjusted the remote update frequency to hourly however this still does a load of calls (1,000+ / day) to refresh all my tracked repositories.

If possible I would very much like the option to limit the updating to just the repositories that are open in tabs (ie. the ones that are being worked on - rather than the ones just lying around). One other possible option might be to have the option present for every repository - whether to check for updates or not, although this would mean that more manual configuration updates are necessary every time that you move on to another project.

In the mean time I can reduce the update frequency even more, but it will soon reach a point where it would no longer be necessary for it to check for updates on my behalf.

Thanks for your time.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,965 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you