Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit failed after the company changed server - windows 10

Agata WK September 16, 2019

Dear all,

I'm very new to git and I only used Sourcetree for this purpose. 

Recently our server at work has been changed. Before we used a simple NAS drive, now there is a regular server. My Git repo changed the address and this is what I also updated in my sourcetree. And commit worked for a week or so, but today I have this message:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper="C:/Users/awozniak/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/git_extras/git-credential-manager.exe" commit -q -F C:\Users\awozniak\AppData\Local\Temp\1fwwoora.nkv -a
fatal: fsync error on 'sha1 file': Bad file descriptor
Completed with errors, see above.

I have already updated Sourcetree, since I found on some forum it could be problem with an old version, but it didn't help. I have version 3.2.6 and Windows 10.

Which I do not understand at all. I can't commit any code.

If anyone knows what is wrong, I would be grateful for help.

Best

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hello! Sounds like there's something corrupted with the repo itself. Can you commit from the command line? If you run the following command does it work?

git commit -a

You can run commands manually by opening the repo and clicking "Terminal" If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to delete and re-clone the repository.

Agata WK November 26, 2019

Thanks for your answer.

It worked for a while, so I didn't reply anything, but now I have this problem again. I did what you suggested and here is the message from terminal:

fatal: fsync error on 'sha1 file': Bad file descriptor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events