Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit but not pushing?

River March 8, 2021

I've uploaded a large commit in one go (9GB) it's the project we're working on.

I've received some orange warning pointing to this directory [C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\jyf0uttn.lz5] I've missed the error but this is all I had from it, couldn't replicate the warning.

Afterwards the problem below appeared, there's a push (1) yet spamming push doesn't do anything.

issue.png

Is it already pushing or am I missing something?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
River March 10, 2021

I found the problem.

Created new repo to test

auth.png

Sourcetree could not authenticate my account

auth.png

Despite deleting and signing in again.

Used GitHub Desktop, same auth problem, so just logged out and logged back in.

auth.png

Auth fixed, all files pushed.

For a while friends advised against Sourcetree, this was the turning point.

0 votes
River March 10, 2021

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

It looks like your local copy of main is not tracking origin/main, which is the remote main. Open the command line and run this command to link them:

git branch -u main/main 

If the linking is successful you should see the remote branch when you push, it should show up as a line with a checkbox.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Try and select your main branch instead of the HEAD, and then push it. Your HEAD is not associated with a remote branch (this is expected), so that is why the Push pop-up window is not showing a branch.

River March 9, 2021

Issue still persists.

issue.png

I've originally attempted with main, it was just while screen shotting I clicked elsewhere.

Any hints what the problem may be?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events