Commercial license for SourceTree

Hello

As far as I can see, the only way of using SourceTree, is by creating a bitbucket / atlassian user. SourceTree uses that login to message home every time you start it.

Question 1: Can you add as many users as you want, if you only plan to use SourceTree with your own git repo?

Question 2: Can you use SourceTree when offline?

Question 3: Is it possible to buy SourceTree, to avoid having to create an user and to be able to use it offline? The company I am working for is looking for a good GIT client and doesn't mind paying for it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Thomas! You don't need a Bitbucket account to use Sourcetree, but you do need an Atlassian account to register the product. 

Are you referring to users as in different people using Sourcetree? Ideally, every user will have a copy of Sourcetree installed in their machine/profile. This way, each of them will have a copy of the code you're working on and they'll be able to make changes using their account, this way it's easier to track who did what, and it's also safer because in case someone messes up with the code, you can always grab someone else's copy and continue working with it (since it's distributed).

You will be able to use Sourcetree when online, however, if you use it with Bitbucket or Github for example, you won't be able to perform some of the operations such as pull or push. You'll have to wait until you're back online to do so. 

I hope this clarifies your questions, Thomas. Let us know if you need anything else :)

Cheers,

Ana

MJL I'm New Here Jan 24, 2018

I just want to confirm: Sourcetree is 100% free for commercial use?

Yes @MJL, Sourcetree is completely free, even for commercial use.

Have a good day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

123 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you