Code is not there somehow, some dummy branch I guess

P Satish Patro August 29, 2019

I am using SourceTree 2.4.8

In remote and local, only one branch named 'master'

I pushed to remote master in 22nd August. After that, someday I noticed when I try to pull,  in popup branch field by default it was not showing master, but on the drop-down, it was showing 'master'. I did pull till now & I was getting remote master's code. And, I was committing in local.

When I thought of pushing today, I did the same thing selected 'master' and got latest code and commited. But, it was not showing number in push. When I pressed, there also only 'master' was showing without tick in checkbox. When I tried pushing it showed

"tip of your current branch is behind its remote counterpart"

Show I opened git-terminal

This is the commands

satish@A2ML33766 MINGW32 /d/ClientApp/backend/backend-service ((130ad8e...))
$ git status
HEAD detached from 35b26e9
nothing to commit, working directory clean

satish@A2ML33766 MINGW32 /d/ClientApp/backend/backend-service ((130ad8e...))
$ git checkout master
Warning: you are leaving 9 commits behind, not connected to
any of your branches:

130ad8e Merge branch 'master' of https://bitbucket.org/ClientApp-client/backend-service s into HEAD
43b391c test case uncommented
e80bac9 Merge branch 'master' of https://bitbucket.org/ClientApp-client/backend-service s into HEAD
5dec6ca auth with test case integrated
... and 5 more.

If you want to keep them by creating a new branch, this may be a good time
to do so with:

git branch <new-branch-name> 130ad8e

Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
and have 2 and 74 different commits each, respectively.
(use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)

satish@A2ML33766 MINGW32 /d/ClientApp/backend/backend-service (master)
$ git pull

remote: Counting objects: 18, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (14/14), done.
remote: Total 18 (delta 10), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (18/18), done.
From https://bitbucket.org/ClientApp-client/backend-services
7a6dc24..54c8555 master -> origin/master
Removing master-service/src/test/java/com/ClientApp/client/master/controller/test/Loca tionControllerTestNew.java
Removing master-service/src/test/java/com/ClientApp/client/master/controller/test/Curr encyControllerTestNew.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/service/im pl/StockInvoiceServiceImpl.java
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/ client/inventory/service/impl/StockInvoiceServiceImpl.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/dto/consta nts/StockTransferStatusEnum.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/dto/consta nts/StockTransactionStatus.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/dto/consta nts/StockRequestTypeEnum.java
Removing inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/dto/constants/ StnType.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/dto/consta nts/IssueType.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/controller /ReturnInvoiceController.java
Auto-merging inventory-service/src/main/java/com/ClientApp/client/inventory/controller /PurchaseInvoiceController.java
Auto-merging error-messages.properties
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in error-messages.properties
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

satish@A2ML33788 MINGW32 /d/ClientApp/backend/backend-service (master|MERGING)
$ git branch
* master

$ git branch -r
origin/HEAD -> origin/master
origin/master

$ git branch -a
* master
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/master

When, I came back, I am just seeing changes I made on 22nd  Aug pull. As if anyhow I was working on some branch(which makes sense on this scenario) and that's why I saw changes I made in 22nd August

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
P Satish Patro August 30, 2019

It was pointing to ((130ad8e..)) instead of pointing to (master)

git branch stock-inv 130ad8e
git stash
git check-out stock-inv

now all my codes are pointing to branch stock-inv.

Now I merged this with master

This is  a bug in SourceTree then, as I never used GitBash for the project, and it didn't show any new branch in SourceTree. Instead of it was pointing to some commit I guess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events