You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have been trying to clone a repository created with the C4Science service, without any success. Whenever I input the URL, either the https or ssh, I get the error: "this is not a valid source path/URL". The https log shows up empty, while the latter yields the following:
"fatal: 'git@c4science....' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository."
I have tried using the system Git (version 2.10), then resetting to the embedded one (2.8). I have linked my GitHub, Atlassian and C4Science accounts (perhaps there was an authorization issue). I have tried a clean install of all SourceTree, Git, mercurial, even updated Python (for Mercurial). I have also tried deleting my SourceTree Library files in order to reinitialise the first set up wizard, to no avail.
My colleagues managed to clone the repository from a fresh install with no issue, following the exact same installations steps as given in the documentation. Also note that we all skipped the original BitBucket/GitHub login step during setup. Is there something I am missing? Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
SourceTree V 2.4
OSX El Capitan V 10.11.6
EDIT: Solved! I just had to install version 2.3 of SourceTree and it worked immediately.
Had similar issue on version 2.4.8. I installed git on the machine and it worked after that. You could do this by going to Source Tree --> Tools --> Options --> Git -->Use Embedded git (If you haven't installed git on your machine) or Use System Git (If you have installed git on your machine.)
For me, the problem was this: I generated a key using Sourcetree. It named the file that contained the key with a SPACE in the filename (it ended with " -Bitbucket". That space messed up its own ability to find the key file. I solved it by editing the file ~/.ssh/config and putting double-quote marks around the filename: "xxxx -Bitbucket" It then worked!!!!
Alright, so I just ran into this problem (once again). Same as Jay neither embedded nor local git would make a difference.
On this note: I let sourcetree create a SSH key and add it to my github on my behalf. It was listed, my ssh agent would list the key. Was looking all good, but it would still fail to clone.
What solved it in the end was deleting the ssh key from my github and adding it manually again.
Now it works fine.