Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on commit button jumps to History, how to prevent?

Heikki Leivo February 9, 2022

I usually commit my changes in batches, by staging files and chunks related to a specific subject and writing a descriptive message for each commit. Since latest SourceTree update (3.4.7.0) the behavior of Commit button seems to have changed. Now clicking on the Commit button seems to change the active view from File Status to History, pointing on the created commit. However, I would like to keep on staging more changes to create more commits. Now I have to click on File Status each time I want to create a new commit, which is rather annoying on the long run. I would like to keep the current view in the File Status until I am done with my commits. Am I missing something - is there a setting somewhere to change the behavior, or is this intentional?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony J Gundrum February 9, 2022

I am having the same issue and would like to know how to prevent this from happening. I have a workflow similar to Heikki and this behavior is annoying.  I especially don't like unexpected behavior like this in any program. It qualifies as other people making decisions for me and I don't like that.

I found the answer here. Simple, but still an annoying "feature" that we must now deselect.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-can-I-avoid-to-jump-to-quot-History-quot-after-each-commit/qaq-p/1910034?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*

Heikki Leivo February 9, 2022

Brilliant, thank you very much, Anthony! Despite looking for a related setting I somehow managed to miss this one. I agree this is an annoying feature, but luckily they made it optional.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events