Cherry Picking on SourceTree?

I've tried every instruction on Cherry Picking but I can't see that option when I right click on a SourceTree commit. Can someone give a real step-by-step guide instead of a vague "right click to Cherry Pick". I'm using Mercurial by the way.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I only use Git, but this is what it looks like. It shows up for me when right clicking any commit. It is visible but disabled when right clicking "Uncommitted changes".Capture.PNG

In mercurial, it might be called "graft": http://selenic.com/hg/help/graft

thanks so much. I tried it but I still confused. i have branch a and branch b, I created a commit from branch b and changed a line of code. I then grafted the commit I did and the changes I made aren't reflected on branch a.

When you cherry-pick/graft a commit, a new commit will be created with the same changes on the branch that you have checked out. Did you checkout branch a before trying to cherry-pick the changes there?

thank so much. finally made the graft, turns out there was a problem with my sourcetree and didn't show the push/pulls to be done until i restarted it. Thanks again

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

878 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you