Checking source hangs when cloning from bitbucket via ssh

Justin Sheaffer July 9, 2015

I am attempting to clone my repository on bitbucket to my server (windows 2012 r2).  I have set up my ssh keys, and when i attempt to clone the ( Repository Type: Checking Source ) just hangs...

What could cause this? 

Update: I have verified that ssh connection is being allowed through the firewall yet still getting the same problem.

2 answers

0 votes
castrojr913 January 9, 2016

The Balazs's answer didn't work for me. In my case, I found out the solution typing the password for bitbucket.org in authentication tab prior to clone the repository. Likewise, i ruled out a second entry with www.bitbucket.org, I just remained one entry that is bitbucket.org. 

auth_tab_sourcetree.png

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Probably your firewall or something else blocking the traffic. You can verify this by trying the same with HTTP(S) authentication instead of SSH.

Justin Sheaffer July 10, 2015

Thanks for the response Balazs, Https connection works immediately. SSH still spins...

Like k.kang likes this
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

You need to figure out what is blocking the SSH traffic. Probably your firewall, but it could also be another program.

Justin Sheaffer July 10, 2015

Thanks, I will have to look into it.

Matt De Palm June 21, 2018

I was having the same issue and cloning with HTTP(S) authentications worked like a charm! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events