Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out in SourceTree button not working from BitBucket Cloud, SourceTree tries then fails to open

Bryan Copeland November 9, 2017

I'm on Windows 10 PRO, no corporate admin "permissions restrictions" like some of my colleagues do though, and I was able to get this working on mine previously and still working on all of their''s but one team member (who opened a separate support ticket yesterday about his SourceTree freezing)...

Attaching "sourcetree.log" output which occurs when I click the blue "Check out in SourceTree" button. I had fixed this a couple times with the Registry Editor "regedit" changes to "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sourcetree\shell\open\command" as per this help forum discusison:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Checkout-in-sourcetree-not-working-after-upgrade-to-v2-x/qaq-p/587309

That fix is no longer working so not sure what's missing or got broken... I do definitely have the "Use this version of SourceTree for URI association" checked, and have tried unchecking/rechecking after upgrade, closing/reopening SourceTree after each of these changes, etc...

Is this a common or known issue?

ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:28,045] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,265] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.GetCanonicalUri(IConfigurationManager configurationManager)
   at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.get_CanonicalUrl()
   at SourceTree.AppRoot.HandleExtendedIntegrationUrl(Boolean isFirstInstance, String url)
   at SourceTree.AppRoot.ProcessArguments(Boolean isFirstInstance)
   at SourceTree.AppRoot.DoWindowStartupTasks()
   at SourceTree.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(IRepositoryTabContainerViewModel repositoryTabContainerViewModel, ICustomActionsManager customActionsManager, IRepositoryManager repositoryManager, IAnalyticsDataManager analyticsDataManager, ITraceManager traceManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IAccountManager accountManager, IFailureHandler failureHandler, IDvcsManager dvcsManager, IConfigurationManager configurationManager, IInstanceManager instanceManager, ISchedulerManager schedulerManager, IWebManager webManager, IRepositoryMonitorManager repositoryMonitorManager, ISshKeyManager sshKeyManager, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, IPreferencesManager preferencesManager)
   at SourceTree.MainWindow..ctor(IRepositoryTabContainerViewModel repositoryTabContainerViewModel, ICustomActionsManager customActionsManager, IRepositoryManager repositoryManager, IAnalyticsDataManager analyticsDataManager, ITraceManager traceManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IAccountManager accountManager, IFailureHandler failureHandler, IDvcsManager dvcsManager, IConfigurationManager configurationManager, IInstanceManager instanceManager, ISchedulerManager schedulerManager, IWebManager webManager, IRepositoryMonitorManager repositoryMonitorManager, IApplicationManager applicationManager, ISshKeyManager sshKeyManager, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, IBookmarkManager bookmarkManager, IPreferencesManager preferencesManager)
   at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,418] [12] [SourceTree.Diagnostics.FailureHandler] [HandleGeneralTaskFailure] - 'git tag' failed with code -1:  (C:\APPS\PROJECTS\aem)
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,418] [12] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,418] [12] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,418] [17] [SourceTree.Diagnostics.FailureHandler] [HandleGeneralTaskFailure] - 'git status' failed with code -1:  (C:\APPS\PROJECTS\aem)
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,434] [17] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-11-09 05:33:30,434] [17] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hi Bryan, thanks for the log. That looks similar to what was reported in this other Community thread. Can you follow the workaround and let us know if it worked for you?:

Navigate to the config file location (C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_{RANDOM_GUID}\2.3.1.0\user.config) and find the following line:

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

Make sure that value is set to True

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events