Change setup for sourcetree

Franz Mörike October 16, 2019

Hey, i just installed it for my university (never have worked with this program before)

Th issue is i skipped the setup at first because the instrucions from the webside that told me to download and set it up didn't tell me right away i have to select Bitucket server and input a certain URL. Now im stuck with my Account in Sourcetree, and reinstalling the program aswell as deleting the directorys doesn't bring me back the original setup, where I was able to choose "Install, Registration, Preferences" 

I also tried to setup the Bitbucket server by editing my profile but it just wont let me because i have to insert a password i never even choose.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Franz Mörike October 21, 2019

i tried different passwords and my Username on atlassian aswell as the one for Sourcetree. it says authentification failed anytime

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Have you logged on to your Bitbucket Server before?  Usually your Bitbucket Admin sets up an account for you, either using LDAP as authentication or an internal user directory, so you should contact your admin to get your username and password. 

0 votes

yeah that was it, I put in the atlassain username instead of the one my Bitbucket admin required me to put in. Thanks a lot :)

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Franz Mörike,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order to get back to the original install setup you need to wipe your Sourcetree settings.

Franz Mörike October 17, 2019

as i said thats what i did already

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

Okay, so to setup your account/register you need to go to Tools > Options > Authentication. From here add your account and select the hosting service you are on. If you are connecting to Bitbucket Server you need to enter the account you use when you log on to it. If you do not have that information you need to contact your Bitbucket Server admin.

yeah, but it says i have to refresh my password even though i never choose one. My account somehow exists but i can't rly use it. Do i have to create a new one?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events