Change remote repository password

eduardo holzmann June 29, 2017

I have remote repositories and the server password change, now i cant set the new password to sourcetree cuz just say permission denied and dont ask for new credentials, ive already delee windows store credentials, an all my source tree rememered users, still dont prompt for set new password, reinstall the program probably resolve the problem but something like this must have some kind of suport, just a simply password change cant be so hard! Please some light?

2 answers

0 votes
yvan khekhone February 17, 2023

hi i have a problem with authentication failed and  i have to change my credential.

i go to preferences -> acounts and add my credential password

but it s not working

when i delete all account when i want to pull or push there  a authificaation failed 

i m working in mac  and soucetree version its 4.2

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Eduardo! Are you using SourceTree for Windows or Mac? In the Windows version the login information for each server is kept in Tools > Options > Authentication

In Mac, it can be changed by clicking on Gear icon > Accounts. Alternatively, you can go to the "Keychain Access" utility on the Mac, search for the remote password and delete the stored key. Then the next time you start SourceTree, it will ask you for your new credentials.

Let us know if this worked for you!

Regards,

Ana

Weh Pedat August 7, 2018

Hi,

all. Nopp. It is not working this way. The whole approach is absolutely error prown. Using 2.6.10.0. Now I am even unable to assign an account to an internal github service. Do not know who designed this.

Let me know how to fix this. My dev process is blocked.

W.

Like Danielius V likes this
Douglas Ivers February 4, 2020

nevermind - it seems to be working now

baja88 February 18, 2020

For those of you still experiencing the issue, the solution that worked for me was:

1. delete all the saved passwords associated with the account

2. try pressing push-button again

3. hopefully you will get the prompt for new credentials.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events