Change name displayed for repo in SourceTree on Windows's tabs

How can I change the name displayed for a repo in SourceTree's tabs?

Note that I don't want to change the actual repo's name. This isn't a git question; I just want to display what SourceTree shows me in its tabs.

EDIT: Sorry, yes, Windows.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2013

You can right-click on the bookmark and select Rename.

Funny you should say that; I right-clicked enough on the tab before asking to feel like an idiot, coming back after I looked through the menu options again, as if if I did it enough, it'd finally work. No luck on Windows.

Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2013

Are you right-clicking on the bookmark or the tab? You should be using the bookmark on the left. Hopefully the screenshot below helps.

Money. Thanks. The width of my bookmarks sidebar had been set to essentially zero, and I stupidly figured Windows didn't have the Mac's bookmark "window". Much better.

Same here. Dragging the (almost hidden) leftmost border reveals the bookmarks pane. Took me some time to find out...

Its quite simple (renaming a tab/tabs). Please refer to the attached screenshot. Note that my sourcetree version is 2.4.8.0.

But just in case the attached screenshot is not accessible - Open new tab in source. In the "New Tab", one should see the list of existing repos/tabs. Right click on a tab, and one should see a Rename option. 

Rename Tab in Sourcetree 2.jpg

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

542 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you