It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change default working copy location when cloning from BitBucket

I'm just starting to use SourceTree 3.0.17, and cannot figure out how to change the default working copy (local repo) location during cloning from BitBucket.  The earlier SourceTree version can follow Tools > Options > General > Misc (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Change-default-repo-location/qaq-p/174857), or similar to specify a custom path where all the cloned repos will be located.  But the latest version does not seem to have this option anymore.

We are using Eclipse for most of the development work, so it's preferable to have SourceTree clone to Eclipse workspace by default.  Otherwise, we have to manually change the path for each clone.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Feb 18, 2019

Hi

It should work form the Tools/Options/General tab, with the Repo Settings/Project folder option, but it looks like that is currently broken.

I've raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-11373 to cover this

Thanks Michael.  Now I see the "Project folder" option, and for some reason I didn't see it before.  It's all good now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,970 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you