Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caqn't get past licence aggrement when installing sourcetree

Gift PS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2018

I'm trying to install souecetree for the first time but I cant get past licence agrement. When I click "Use an existing account" a blamk window is openning and that it, nothing is coming. When i click "Go to My Atlassian" it's taking to my account, I've activated everything, including a licence (via the browser -mozzila) but still can't finish to install.

Below is a pic of how far I'm able to go with the installation

use xistin.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi! This issue was reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. Our developers rolled out a fix, try upgrading to the latest version or use the following workaround:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Note that in order to be in compliance with the Atlassian EULA you must ensure the email address used in the file is valid, yours and associated with a valid Atlassian account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

Enys
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2018

I am having a similar problem on a Mac. I can't use SourceTree because it is stuck on step 3, Atlassian account... I click "Use an existing account" and it just spins and shows a blank window as in the screenshot previously posted. I think my corp network is not allowing the network call from your setup. Any way around this?

If I try "Go to My Atlassian", it fires up Firefox and I can log in to my Atlassian account (but that doesn't seem to help).

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

Hi Pete! Have you tried the workaround I mentioned above? I'll add it here again a bit more detailed:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian.

Run the installer, close it when you get the blank login window.

Copy accounts.json and passwd file to this folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree

Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Remember that to be compliant with the Atlassian EULA you must ensure the email address used in the file is valid, yours and associated with a valid Atlassian account.

If it's your corporate network not allowing you to continue with the registration, is there a chance you could complete it using a different network, like from your home for example?

Let us know if it worked for you!  

Best regards,

Ana

Enys
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 11, 2018

I do not see %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree directory on my working Mac installation. I can not find an accounts.json file. Can you help me with a Mac installation?

I do see a <user>/Library/Application Support/SourceTree directory. I have tried to copy over my working Mac install of SourceTree but still run into the same issue where the installation/setup fails after clicking "Use existing account".

The best I have been able to do is install SourceTree 1.9 and import a sourcetree.license from another computer. Then I can update to 2.0 and then 2.1 but when I try to install 2.3 or greater, I am stuck back at the "Use existing account" screen above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events