Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot push (only push) to Bitbucket repositories with SourceTree

alexsegal August 17, 2018

I can access all repos in the browser without any issue. But not in SourceTree.

I tried enabling and disabling two-step verification and nothing worked.

With two-step enabled I tried using app password and that did not work either. 

The SourceTree client says that the account is authenticated, but when I try to push it fails.

The error I get when pushing among other info tells me:

"remote: Invalid username or password. If your organization manages your account or you've enabled two-step verification, create an app password to log in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/9DJmMQ"

In Tools/Options/Authentication for my Bitbucket account I tried HTTPS and SSH protocols, and both types of authentication with regular and the app password as instructed in error message. The checkbox Authentication OK is checked.

This, SourceTree failing to push to Bitbucket started about a month ago without any changes on my part to configuration or account settings. It worked fine before.  

Another, and probably related issue is the SourceTree keeps popping Bitbucket login incessantly. Sometimes prepopulated with my user name, sometimes both, user name and password fields blank. Super annoying. It keeps popping event after I provide my credentials.

Additionally, as odd as it is, if I updated repository outside of SourceTree it is reflected in the client!

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

Hi

There has been a bug in the Git Credential Manager for Windows GCMW that effected Bitbucket logins, it is worth updating to v 1.17.1 or higher.

https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows

Additionally it is possible to lock access to Git and/or REST functionality due to excessive failed logins., It is worth logging out/in again to bitbucket.org to reset those locks.

alexsegal September 3, 2018

That was it! Thank you Michael!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events