Cannot pull from origin server since setting up git svn

13m2 June 29, 2014

Hello,

I've setup Sourcetree to work with a SVN repo, as described here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/309866/sourcetree-git-svn-fetch-from-svn-repo

Now I cannot pull from my git origin server (bitbucket) anymore, I am getting this error:

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Andre

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree fetch origin 

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree svn fetch 
Client certificate filename: Use of uninitialized value $filename in chomp at /usr/local/git/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git/SVN/Prompt.pm line 88.
error: git-svn died of signal 11
Completed with errors, see above

1 answer

0 votes
13m2 June 29, 2014

solved it by doing a gitt pull from the terminal.

I am getting a new error though now that I want to push my changes to the SVN repo

Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

Seems like this whole git svn setup is not the easy solution I hoped for.

13m2 July 6, 2014

OK, I think this all could be about the working copy being pushed into SVN has to be originally checked-out from the same SVN repository.

But I continu having problems making connections from Sourcetree with this SVN repo, which worked earlier. I converted my working copy into a SVN working copy and am now using a SVN client now to connect to the SVN repo instead. This will render my earlier history useless as it is no longer updated by git. Wonder if, instead of using Git Svn I could use git and svn at the same time? That is use the svn client to interact with the svn repo and git to keep my own repo up to date?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events