Cannot pull from origin server since setting up git svn

Hello,

I've setup Sourcetree to work with a SVN repo, as described here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/309866/sourcetree-git-svn-fetch-from-svn-repo

Now I cannot pull from my git origin server (bitbucket) anymore, I am getting this error:

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Andre

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree fetch origin 

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree svn fetch 
Client certificate filename: Use of uninitialized value $filename in chomp at /usr/local/git/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git/SVN/Prompt.pm line 88.
error: git-svn died of signal 11
Completed with errors, see above

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

solved it by doing a gitt pull from the terminal.

I am getting a new error though now that I want to push my changes to the SVN repo

Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

Seems like this whole git svn setup is not the easy solution I hoped for.

OK, I think this all could be about the working copy being pushed into SVN has to be originally checked-out from the same SVN repository.

But I continu having problems making connections from Sourcetree with this SVN repo, which worked earlier. I converted my working copy into a SVN working copy and am now using a SVN client now to connect to the SVN repo instead. This will render my earlier history useless as it is no longer updated by git. Wonder if, instead of using Git Svn I could use git and svn at the same time? That is use the svn client to interact with the svn repo and git to keep my own repo up to date?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

879 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you