Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login with Bictbucket, after granting rights it redirects to localhost

Joan Comas July 25, 2019

I just downloaded and installed the app and the second step is Registration.

1. I click on Bitbucket.
  2. In my Chrome main window, a new tab is opened with url "https://bitbucket.org/site/oauth2/authorize...:""And the text "Confirm access to your account".
  3. I click on Grant access.
  4. The page gets redirected to "http://localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&code=XXXX"
  5.  The app does not allow me to go to next step "Install tools".

Any help would be appreciated.

Software:

Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.1146

Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks,

Joan

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hi Joan, welcome!

I can see you're having trouble getting started with Sourcetree. If you're on Windows, Sourcetree should be using Internet Explorer for the authentication steps. Can you confirm IE is upgraded to the latest version?

Hi Madhavi, welcome to the Community! 

The reason why SourceTree points to localhost in the URL is because it runs a temporary webserver in order to support OAuth callbacks to give the auth_token.

The issue seems to be that you're not able to go to the next step. What happens exactly? Could you send us a screenshot?

Something else you can do to help with the troubleshooting as much as possible is to check the Sourcetree logs and tell us what you find, they can be found at 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log

Let us know!

Ana

Joan Comas August 27, 2019

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the reply.

My Internet Explorer version is 11.1146.16299.0 update 11.0.125.

I also have Microsoft Edge 41.16299.1004.0.

And Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Chrome is my default browser. Should I change it to IE?

This is the log I receive:

ERROR [2019-08-27 13:48:42,641] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Submission.Gas.GasAnalyticsSubmissionService] [Log] - Hi There! ERROR [2019-08-27 13:48:50,812] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to receive callback from OAuth service providerERROR [2019-08-27 13:48:50,866] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to get user secretERROR [2019-08-27 13:48:50,867] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to get secretERROR [2019-08-27 13:49:05,316] [13] [Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper] [Log] - Unable to check for Updates.System.Exception: Remote release File is empty or corrupted at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<CheckForUpdate>d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper.<HasAvailableUpdates>d__17.MoveNext()

This screenshot is when i click the button "Bitbucket" in Sourcetree:
sourcetree-before.png

This screenshot is when I click the button "Grant access" in the Chrome window:

sourcetree-after.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events