It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot install SourceTree 3.2.6

I've tried running the installer using elevated permissions but t keeps failing with this error. ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-3.2.6\DevOne.Security.Cryptography.BCrypt.dll' is denied.

I'm using Windows 10 x64. Could not install .net 4.5 as it is part of the OS. 

Is there a step that I'm missing?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Siddharth,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for your Sourcetree install issues. From the log you included, it looks as though something is preventing access to the file in question. This may be caused by Antivirus software/Antimalware soft along with strict permissions around user folders due to recent malware cryptos. 

We would ask you ensure the user you're attempting the install as has write/read permissions on the folder in question and the file reported is present and isn’t locked for scanning by an Antivirus. Additionally, please disable any Anti-virus (Or exclude the path) during the install to see if this helps.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,955 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you