Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get SourceTree to recognize existing local git repos.

Gerard Meszaros September 24, 2018

I have a folder F;\Repos\Git\ that contains about 20 git repositories that I have used on previous computers with both SourceTree and Eclipse. I copied my F drive over to a new computer and I'm trying to set up SourceTree. I just want to tell SourceTree that all my local git repos are in F:\Repos\Git\.  I cannot find a way to do this. So I tried to bring in one of the repos (e.g. F:\Repos\Git\TestRepo) but SourceTree tells me it isn't a valid Git or Mercurial repo.)

It shouldn't this hard to do something this basic. And no, I don't want to reclone each of the repos from the remote servers.

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

HI @Gerard Meszaros

First, check your repo URL to which it is pointing ..using below command

$ git remote -v

If it is pointing to another/wrong location/repo then just change the URL in Source Tree please have a look at the below article..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/changing-remote-repository-path-on-sourcetree-using-git-or-mercurial-785616227.html

Gerard Meszaros September 25, 2018

I am truing to add local repos, not a remote repo. What does the remote URL have to do with this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events