It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot correct password for private git server credentials? Edited

Mark Bratcher Nov 18, 2017

I'm running version 2.3.5.0 of Sourcetree on Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

I set up a private git server as a remote repository which I connected to with SourceTree. So, I have a local git repository on my client, and then the private remote repository I occasionally want to push to.

When I was setting it up, SourceTree let me enter the URL of the private repository. However, when I needed to enter the passphrase, I got fat fingered and entered it incorrectly. Now, SourceTree doesn't prompt any longer for the password but continues to raise an authentication error any time I try to push to the remote. I've looked all over for a setting to reset the password or cause it to reprompt me, but I can't find it.

I also tried deleting the remote and adding it back in, but it still doesn't prompt me.

So, I'm at a loss for how to fix this. I'm sure it's something simple, and I'm just not seeing it. Meanwhile, falling back to GitKraken...

1 answer

0 votes
Manjunath Basaralu Srinivasa Atlassian Team Nov 20, 2017

Can you please specify what platform you are using
Windows vs Mac? 
Also, Please include the version of Sourcetree. 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Developer

Mark Bratcher Nov 20, 2017

Oops, sorry. I'm running version 2.3.5.0 of Sourcetree on Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,952 views 14 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you