Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot authenticate my source tree installation

Jan Meyer November 28, 2018

Hi folks,

I've got a problem with the setup of the 3.0.8 version of sourcetree.

Since now I was using the 2.x version - everything fine. When trying to install the new version I am asked to login via bitbucket. Ok - yet another user account...Then I am asked to grant acces to my account. Ok. And hurray - everything is fine, I can close the tab.

Clipboard01.jpg

But wait a moment. Nothing has changed on the SourceTrees program page. I can't click on "Next" nor do anything else that could make me use the program.

After trying to login for about 5 times I give up.

Anybody an idea where the problem could lay?

Thanks

Jan

2 answers

0 votes
vladaberzina April 16, 2020

SAME ISSUE!!!!

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2018

Hi Jan, welcome to the Community! 

Are you on Windows? If so check if Internet Explorer is updated to the lates version, as Sourcetree relies on it for authentication and it might cause errors otherwise. 

If that's alright, have you tried re-starting the application?

One more thing, you said you can't click on next, can you send us a screenshot of that?

Kind regards,

Ana

Jan Meyer November 29, 2018

Hi Ana,

thanks for the reply.

Yes, InternetExplorer 11 (latest version) is installed on the system.

I get this window:

Clipboard01.jpg

Next thing I do is clicking on "Butbucket". The browser opens on the BitBucket login page. When I enter my credentials, I am forwarded to a site asking me if I want to grant access to the applicateion to a bunch of data. I confirm. Then I see the screen in my initial post (which now has a local address in the browser; seems like sourcetree listenst to a port to get a confirmation code to finish setup). When I close this windows, as prompted, I see the same source tree screen as before (see screenshot in this post). Nothing has happened.

And yes, I restarted the application for 10+ times. No difference.

To me it seems like there is a bug in the authentication process...

Anders Nielsen January 27, 2020

Any solution to this issue ? I see the same problem... On other PC I had no problems

Tomasz Krakowski February 3, 2020

I have the same problem. Happens on Chrome and IE.

José Ignacio Carmona Villegas February 10, 2020

Same issue, both in Chrome and IE. Firefox is not supported, so I cannot even attempt it there.
EDIT: I've just realized it might be related to W7 (I'm on a temp laptop until my definitive one arrives), as everywhere else I've tried I haven't had any issues (always W10).

NickP March 11, 2020

Same issue- Windows 7. Tried Chrome and Firefox as well. At least in Firefox I get a confirmation that authentication was successful and I'm asked to close the page but cannot continue Sourcetree installation- Next button is greyed. Frustrating...

Murali_Krishna_Manchikatla April 2, 2020

Same issue. I have windows 7. Tried with internet explorer 11 and Chrome. 

Penny_Wise April 14, 2020

Same issue, can not continue after logging in.
Tested with Firefox on Win7.
Seems to be related to Win7, judging from the posts here.
So no more Atlassian on my private dev machine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events