Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Bitbucket Account to Sourcetree

Andreas Schneider December 3, 2018

I had to create a new account on mac os x 10.14.1 powerbook due to icloud keychain issues. From this new mac account I cannot connect my bitbucket account schneiderandreas@mac.com nor clone the repository to this new account.

On some trials the window title will say please sign in to this account and showing some repository information. The Cancel button will remain the only option and it is not possible to add the account. When I hit the Clone button in these cases, cloning needs to be canceled with the following error:

git -c filter.lfs.smudge= -c filter.lfs.required=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree clone --branch master https://resschneider@bitbucket.org/fitdrills/fitdrills.git /Users/asd/fitdrills
Cloning into '/Users/asd/fitdrills'...
warning: templates not found /usr/local/git/share/git-core/templates
Completed with errors, see above

On some trials an error will be shown instead of repository information and the Cancel button is the only option here too. Error: Invalid redirect_uri This integration is misconfigured. Contact the vendor for assistance.

I applied the following in the terminal already to try to reset source tree preferences: defaults delete com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hi Andreas, welcome to the Community!

Are you trying to add it following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account? If so, can you provide the following information?:

1. Do you have git installed? Which version?
  2. What version of Sourcetree are you using?
  3. Have you tried cloning this repo from the terminal? Do you get any error?

Let us know!

Ana 

Andreas Schneider December 4, 2018

Hi Ana, Yes I followed these steps.

But everything worked fine now after I upgraded Sourcetree from Version 2.7.6 (177) to 3.0 (200). I hope I have some newbie credit for not checking this myself. Thank you very much for your help!

BTW: (1) did not change the git version 2.17.2 (Apple Git-113) on my mac, (3) I did not need to clone at all. Connected successfully to local directory again after the upgrade. 

Thanks again! Andreas

3 votes
tania_tg February 7, 2019

I have the same problem. I have updated to the latest version, but when I want to add the account, I log in but there is no option but to "cancel". I can not add the account.

lordgeyik March 14, 2019

I have the same problem (Mac). No OK button to press and confirm.

Like # people like this
AL20 July 13, 2019

Same problem here since alsmost a year on macosX 10.12.6 (sourcetree 2.7.6 — 177).

Can we get any help ? 

Bashu Naimi-Roy August 6, 2019

Same problem for me.

No OK button, but the 'Please sign in to this account' message still displays at the top of the window, even after I've signed in (in the window), and I'm browsing around my Bitbucket account (in the window).

Only button is 'cancel', and clicking it takes me back to the Account dialog with a button to start the sign In process again.

MacosX 10.13.6, Sourcetree 2.7.6 - 177.

Like AL20 likes this
rippleau June 4, 2021

Same problem... June 2021.

Is there actually an answer out there or should we just all use another app?

1 vote
Arslan Ahmad Khan August 26, 2019

just update your source tree and you will get rid of this issue.

0 votes
afshin shahpari July 5, 2019

In my experience, it was because I had already connected to another source control and the previous account existed in sourcetree desktop version. To solve, open client app, select the settings on top right of the screen, select both accounts and advanced tabs and remove items from there and retry cloning again from the menu.

Helena Požar May 1, 2020

This didn't help. I had another account, now I have 0 accounts and I still can't login to Bitbucket.. That is, I log in through the pop up window but only have Cancel option on it and I can browse the Bitbucket website..

Edit: updating SourceTree helped. The login no longer appeared in the popup window but took me to the website through browser and I was able to authenticate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events