Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we clone from source tree to stash ?

Jyoti January 27, 2016

I am new at source tree.. we can clone repository from stash but can we clone from source tree to stash or not ?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Stash is where you would store your remote repo, while SourceTree is a GUI frontend for the git command line, meaning it's where you manipulate your local repo.

Therefore, you can clone a repo from Stash to SourceTree - this really just means using SourceTree as the client with which you clone  a repo from Stash to your local computer.  Then you make changes locally and commit them.  Then you can use SourceTree to push  the new repos back to the remote repo.  You do not use the clone command to send data from the local computer to the remote.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

I don't use stash myself, but the basic idea here is going to be as follows:

1. Create an empty repository in Stash
  2. Add the empty Stash repository to your existing local repository as a new remote
  3. Push everything to your new remote

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events