Can't login to Sourcetree on Mac with Tower installed

David Fox January 31, 2019

I've been using Tower for Git for years, but wanted to try Sourcetree. When it first launches, it asks me to select Bitbucket Cloud or Bitbucket Server. I think we're using Cloud, so I select that and it takes me to Bitbucket.org and I login. It then presents a screen that asks if I want to authorize the app and lists all the permissions I'm agreeing to. All that works fine.

But at the bottom is a button that says Grant Access. When I click on it, I get a query that says, "Do you want to allow this page to open “Tower”?" with a Cancel or Allow. If I hit Allow, then Tower opens. It never comes back to Sourcetree to authorize that app and I'm stuck.

When I look at my Bitbucket settings under OAuth, both Tower and Sourcetree are now listed. But I still can't get past that initial setup screen in Sourcetree.

I've tried removing OAuth for both Tower and Sourcetree and trying again, but that didn't help.

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hi David,

Tower is hijacking the sourcetree:// URI and that breaks our OAuth support amongst other things. You'll want to ask them where you can disable that so Sourcetree can work properly.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

David Fox February 1, 2019

Thanks! I heard back from the Tower people and got it fixed. Here's what they said:

Hi David,

Thank you for your message.

You can configure this from within Tower, go to Preferences -> Integration (see attached screenshot).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Kind regards,
Nora

Configure Integration.png

I tried it and got it to work.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events